Saturday, February 28, 2009

I couldn't resist...

I went and bought another guitar today. But before I go any further, I must ask you, my esteemed reader, to bask in it's glory.


Yes, I bid for it on Ebay on the off chance I could get it for 450 (they usually go for about 500 to 800) and I got it!
It's a baritone guitar, which means it's somewhere in between a standard and a bass guitar. They were used in the early days of country music for their twangy, deep tone, and today they are used by many heavy metal bands to add weight to their sound.
I have wanted a baritone for a long time because A:I often find myself wishing that I could play just a couple notes lower than my standard guitar goes, and B:It would be nice to be able to play bass lines if I am accompanying another guitarist.

Now the hard part: I have to wait until I get back to play it!

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

It sure is purdy!

angela michelle said...

guess a boy's gotta have his mistress

Jessica said...

or 3?

Grandpa Earl said...

I like it. Can't wait to hear you play it for us.