Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Worth the drive

I was planning to head over to New Orleans for Mardi Gras last weekend, but I got the call on Friday that I would have to go back out to sea early Monday morning. Also, my buddy who I was going to go with bailed on me. This was probably all for the best. I don't really get it anyway. I'll go next year.
Then I got a call from Mom saying my sister Ruth was coming up from College Station, so I said I'd be there. It's a seven hour drive from my house in Lafayette to my parent's in Dallas. I got there at midnight, and Mom, Dad, Ruth and I stayed up chatting as late as we could. Saturday, I hung out with Dad and Grandma for a while, then headed to Joe's with Mom and Grandma. We all had a nice time there and Mom and I took Sterling home with us. Sunday, Sterling skipped church with me and we watched Home Alone. He was very skeptical at first, but by the end, he was in stitches. Then he kicked my butt in Candyland. Twice. Then we went to the park with Mom. Then Mom, Dad, Grandma, Joe, Jessica, Winter, Sterling, and Ginger and I had an early dinner and I had to start driving.
Back in Lafayette by nine that evening, driving down to Fourchon (on the coast) by five A.M., and out in the Gulf by Monday night. I hope I can stay out here more than a week this time.

1 comment:

angela michelle said...

Aww, you skipped Mardi Gras to entertain Sterling. What a champ!