Thursday, March 19, 2009

Picture Post!

Here are some pictures I have taken during my first few weeks of working in the Gulf. I just use my phone for pictures these days. They aren't great, but they are almost as good as the ones my cheap digital camera takes, and I always have my phone handy for a photo op.

This is just a great sunset.


This is the landscape around the "coast" of Louisiana. Super flat.

This is a particularly large, deep water oil rig. Top of the line. This is as close as our boat was allowed to get to it.


The next two pictures are of a "jack-up boat." These are portable drilling platforms that propel themselves to wherever they need to drill, and then extend the big legs to the bottom, and climb up them until they are 20 or 30 feet above the surface. We were docked right next to this one, so I had to get it in two shots.
Bottom:


And top:

1 comment:

Nancy Sabina said...

Groovy! The things that exist!