Tuesday, October 28, 2008

By popular demand...

This is a pelican at Point Loma Submarine Base, San Diego. What a cool looking bird.
This is the Empress Hotel in Victoria, Canada. Victoria a popular tourist destination for Europeans and English folks. This is where the Queen of England used to stay when British Columbia was still British and the Queen wanted to go on 'oliday. Victoria was an awesome place to visit, and it's just north of the border. I highly recommend checking it out if you are in the area.
First of all, let me say that I don't normally dress that way, but I was camping, OK? Anyway, this is a ridge about 1000 feet above the famous Pali lookout on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. When King Kamehameha was conquering the Hawaiian islands, he met the fiercest resistance on Oahu. He finally managed to push the opposing army high up into the Pali pass in the middle of the Island. Rather than surrender to Kamehameha, the entire army (reputedly over 100,000 men) jumped off the cliff to their deaths. From that foot wide ridge, there is a 300 foot drop on both sides. I could see both Pearl Harbor and Kaneohe Bay from there.
This is the view from my friend's 17th floor apartment in Honolulu. Wow. I really miss that place.
This is myself and the great Seaman Owens doing what we did best: scrubbing toilets. Owens later went on to serve honorably and proudly in Iraq and return safely.

6 comments:

Mark A said...

How bout some captions

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love your photos..they are really nice...

Arzed said...

Hello.. Was blog hopping and hope you'll do the same. Nice view in the 3rd picture. Please visit me at www.arzed.blogspot.com

Nancy Sabina said...

I'm lovin' the fashion statement of a wife-beater with black socks. Clearly the Navy doesn't enforce fashion rules!

Nancy Sabina said...

And I second the request for captions.

angela michelle said...

yeah, where ARE you?