Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More visual accumulations

I took this picture in Olongapo, Phillipines. They seem to love bolting shiny bits on their trucks and there's lots like this. What I didn't know at the time was that while my friends and I were gawking and taking pictures of it, there was a family living inside looking at us and probably wondering what all these white men were doing staring at their truck.
This is just a bunch of salty sea dogs fresh in from a month under the waves. My friend Joe is reading a book that came from the mail call, and the rest are smoking cigarettes, and waiting to have their US dollars changed for Phillipine pisos. And we're all enjoying the sunlight.


this, of course is my newest nephew, Roko. He is probably the coolest baby ever.

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

I assume that red truck is yours - so congrats on a rockin' truck!

Nancy Sabina said...

Wow, Joshy. You have been some truly amazing places. Seeing those few highlights makes me think joining the military is something I missed out on (don't worry, then reality sets in pretty quickly). You are most definitely a seasoned traveler now. I'd love to see a complete list of all the countries you visited.